Blueberry & Choc Chip Muffin Recipe
Now I know in my last recipe I mentioned about cutting back on sweet treats at home and I wanted to let you know that I baked these muffins back in April for our friends birthday and I’m only just getting around to typing up the recipe. These muffins were too tasty and easy to bake for me not to share the recipe with y’all. I’ve added a couple extra ingredients like cinnamon and chocolate chips to the original recipe i found off google but if those extras aren’t your bag just stick to the classic blueberries. It’ll still turn out yummy!
I am still trying hard to cut down on the sweet treats and only have them on special occasions, like birthdays or you know a Sunday night with half a bottle of wine and a film, you know those special occasions… I jest with y’all.
If you give these muffins ago, let me know in the comments how they turn out and if you share any snaps on insta be sure to tag me so i can see your yummy muffins!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I used GF)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for tops of muffins
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk (dairy and non-dairy both work too)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Blueberries (frozen work too)
- Chocolate chips (add as many as you like)
- 1 teaspoon or a large sprinkling of cinnamon (optional)
This was the first time baking these muffins and when i say they were easy, its an understatement! I couldn’t believe how well they turned out!
- Preheat 400 degrees. Line the tray with paper muffin cups or grease the tray if you do not have paper cups. If you wanted to make bigger muffins, only line 8 cups with paper and fill the remaining cups with 1 to 2 tablespoons of water to help the muffins bake evenly
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and a large sprinkling of cinnamon (if you like it, i bloody love the stuff) combine all ingredients in a large bowl and set aside
- Add oil to a measuring jug (that holds at least 1 cup). Add the egg then fill the jug to the 1-cup line with milk (1/3 to 1/2 cup milk). Add vanilla and whisk to combine
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients in the bowl, use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. The muffin batter will be quite thick. Now it’s time to fold in the blueberries and choc chips
- Divide the batter between muffin cups. Don’t forget to Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin
- Bake muffins 20 minutes or until tops are no longer wet, insert a toothpick into the middle of a muffin comes and if comes out clean they are good to go. Transfer to a cooling rack and enjoy with a cup of tea