Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
We’ve been trying really hard to cut back on the treats at home and up our exercise but sometimes you just need that sugar hit and this afternoon we had a craving for cookies. After a little look online I found an easy cookie recipe. I didn’t quite have all the ingredients so I modified it a little but they turned out well so thought I’d share it with y’all.
Although I didn’t have quite enough butter the recipe calls for but a dash of milk fixed that. I would recommend flattening the scoops but I only had two baking trays at hand so didn’t do this but they still turned out like those Pret cookies. I do miss Pret, I wish they would open up here in LA!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (i used 2 cups gluten free all-purpose & 1 cup coconut gluten free all-purpose for flavour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or chunks, or chopped chocolate) you can never have too many chocolate chips in my opinion!
- 1 cup almond flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the flour, salt, baking powder together and set aside for now
- Cream together butter and sugars until combined (I don’t have a whisker so I used our mini blender)
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until fluffy
- Mix wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients until combined
- Add chocolate chips and almond slices and mix well
- Scoop out dough using an ice-cream scoop or a spoon and roll them in to balls and place them evenly spaced on your prepared baking tray
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 10-15 minutes. Take them out when they are just starting to turn brown as this will give them that gooey centre
- Let them sit on the baking pan for at least 2 minutes before moving to cooling rack
And finally enjoy with a good cup of tea! If you make these cookies I’d love to see how they turn out tag me on Instagram so i can see your yummy cookies.